Call to Artists:
Monroe Arts Association
“Repurpose, Reuse, Recycle”
MAA CALL FOR ARTWORK
The Monroe Arts Association is accepting images for possible display in the “Repurpose, Reuse, Recycle” gallery show. This show will feature a variety of media from local artists. We welcome any work that involves work that has been repurposed, reused or recycled. We are open to just about anything. So, if in your work you take something from one realm and use it in another, this show is for you! The show will run from April 1st through through May 26th.
Guidelines for Eligible Artwork:
· All mediums are welcome.
· Outer dimensions (including frame) are 30” x 30” x 30” or smaller and 35 lbs or under. Please note for three-dimensional art, we have a very limited number of pedestals. You are free to use your own as long as it fits the above dimensions.
· Each artist is permitted to show up to four pieces.
· Work is your original work.
· Work is in excellent condition.
· Work has not been displayed previously at the Monroe Arts Association.
· Work is properly framed and wired for hanging. We do not allow sawtooth hangers.
· Watercolors and works on paper must be covered by glass or plexiglass with no exposed edges (closed frames only).
· Wrapped canvas is okay.
· Artists may choose to sell work that is on display in the gallery. MAA takes a 30% commission on gallery sales. Any works sold will be exhibited until the end of the show.
· Artists should send photos of proposed work to MAAgallerydirector@gmail.com by March 15th. Notifications will be made by March 18th.
· Works will be dropped off from March 20th to March 31st. Specific hours will be posted when you get the acceptance email.
. We reserve the right to select works for display based on space and appropriateness.
If you have any questions, please contact Trischa Goodnow, Gallery Director at firstname.lastname@example.org